Strategic grants are awarded annual to apply creative solutions to critical needs of women and girls in our area. They should also produce lasting and measurable impact in our community.
Grant applications are available by clicking here.
Grant applications must be post marked by March 1, 2018.
1. Eagle Village Inc: Provide scholarships to Cadillac area girls who are financially unable for intervention services. $3500
2. Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital Foundation: Purchase a new infant isolette for the Family Birth Center, needed to provide a safe, protective and stable environment for newborn infants $5000
3. Wexford-Missaukee CTC: Grant to fund a Driver's Education and Final Road test program to High School girls attending the CTC who are economically disadvantaged and would otherwise not get a driver's license. $2900
4. Wexford-Missaukee IDS/Imagination Library: This program provides the opportunity for a freee book in the mail to every child from birth to age 5 within the Wexford Missaukee Intermediate School District. No cost to parents/families, all eligible regardless of income. $6000
5. Baker Science STEM Camp: Scholarship for 30 girls going into grade 7th, 8th, and 9th to attend a 3 day STEM camp in June 2017 at Baker College of Cadillac $3000
1. Science and Math Scholarship Program for CAPS girls to attend Science and Math Camp for three days at Baker College of Cadillac. $3,000.
2. Life Resources of Northern Michigan, Inc. received a grant to provide twenty five new cribs and mattresses to families who have completed educational classes at the Pregnancy Resource Center. $3,950.
3. Wexford-Missaukee Great Start Imagination Library received a grant to provide books to children in Wexford and Missaukee counties. $4,000.
4. Stehouwer Free Clinic received a grant to provide short term medication, medical supplies and discretionary spending to women of Wexford and Missaukee counties who are at or below poverty level. $3,000.
5. Healing Private Wounds received a grant to assist in funding the Safe Body Boundaries program which educates children about sexual abuse and assists in identifying victims who can be referred for further help. $2,050.
1. Science & Math Scholarship Program for Mackinaw Trail Middle School girls to attend Science & Math Camp for two weeks at Central Michigan University. $2,000.00
2. Wexford-Missaukee Great Start Imagination Library to provide books to children in Wexford-Missaukee County. $3,600.00 for the program and $360.00 toward their endowed fund.
3. Cadillac Area Backpack Program to expand their program to include Cooley School and the YMCA Pre-school students. Includes Startup costs and food for 2 months. $ 4,440.
4. Planned Parenthood of West and Northern Michigan to provide sexual education training for 100 Lake City High school students $ 2,596.
1. Stehouwer Free Clinic - Provide funding for low cost medications for mental health. $2,500.00.
2. Wexford-Missaukee Great Start Imagination Library - Provide funding for books sent monthly for kids from birth to 5 years old. - $1,000.00
3 Manton Girls on the Run - Funding to allow the program to continue in the Manton area - $1,000
4. Oasis Sexual Assault Community Education Project - Provide funding for additional to provide additional educational material about the program - $1,500.00.
5. Mackinaw Trail Middle School Girls on the Run - Provide funding to allow all of the participants to purchase shoes - $1,500
6. Cadillac Leadership Class - Lakefront Project - The class is building a handicap accessible playscape on the Lake Cadillac waterfront. Funding will aide them as they seek to finish the project $1,000
7. Cadillac Area Backpack Program - Funding to purchase a covered trailer to assist in transporting the weekend food packages for children in need of food at home on the weekends. -$2,700.00 Additional funding was given - $1,000 for food purchase and an additional $500.00 for blinds for security in their storage area.
8. Healing Private Wounds - the agency provides assistance to victims of sexual assault. This funding will provide books for children - $1,000.00
9. YMCA Preschool Safety - Provide for installation of a surveillance system at the facility to protect the children and the workers at the YMCA - $2,800.00.
1. Cadillac Area Backpack Program – Provides adequate nourishment to elementary aged children enrolled in Cadillac Area Public Schools who are a risk of food insecurity throughout the weekend. - $ 2,000.00
2. Stehouwer Free Clinic Funding to set up an exam room and provide screening service for women who don't quality for screening services at the Health Department and who can't afford private health insurance. This benefits female patients who are uninsured and have an income at or below 200% of the poverty level. - $5,000.00
3. Morningstar Retreat - Provide an overnight of respite for females who would benefit from the space in nature to quiet the mind and body and support self-empowerment. Females must provide information of financial need. - $750.00
4. Cadillac Area YMCA - Provide funding for new tumble mats used for the youth Gymnastics Program. - $1,057.58
1. Cadillac Area Oasis/Family Resource Center – funding for development of comprehensive education campaign materials (brochures, posters and web content) along with the capacity to provide victims with a safe avenue when seeking information and access to the services they need. - $ 2,500.00
2. CareNet – Funding to provide vouchers for new cribs and new crib mattresses. - $2,000.00
3. Higher Ground Program - Funding to buy women participants an outfit suitable for a job interview. Participants will be given $50.00 credit at a resale shop and will be accompanied on their shopping trip by a supervisor who will offer advice on appropriate job interview attire. - $500.00
4. Girls on the Run - Assist with funding to purchase new running shoes for pre-teen and teenage girls at Mackinaw Trail Middle School that are involved with the self-esteem building program. $1,500.00 for the 2011-2012 school year and an additional $1,500.00 for the 2012-2013 school year.
5. Mercy Hospital Giving Hope - Startup funding for a 12 month pilot program to screen for perinatal depression. This program wold screen all pregnant women who receive care in the area and establish a care pathway to treat perinatal and postpartum depression for women identified at risk. - $5,000.00
6. Cadillac Area YMCA - Provide funding for new tumble mats used for the youth Gymnastics Program. - $4,000.00
1. Cadillac Area Free Clinic - funding to provide dental care to women who would otherwise not be able to afford dental services. $4,000.00
2. Smart, Strong Girls - provide program funding to allow teenage girls to develop stronger self-image through a mentoring program which encourages health life styles. Running shoes and attire were provided to the girls along with a Cadillac Area Women's Giving Circle shirt. $ 1,860.00
1. CareNet - funding to purchase cribs, car seats and high chairs for mothers in need as part of their Earn to Learn Program. -$2000.00
1. Cadillac Resource Center/Oasis and YMCA – funding for Shelter residents to travel to the YMCA and utilize the facilities for positive family value reinforcement. $ 4,000.00
2. Love & Logic – Registration fee for low income parents to attend classes - $1,000.00
3. Girls on the Run – Funding to support the 10 week program which promotes self-esteem, character development and physical activities in 8 – 12 year old girls. - $3,000.00
4. Photography Project for Children with Special Needs in St. Vincent and Grenadines. This project allowed special needs children to create a photo journal to improve their self-esteem and awareness of their abilities, not disabilities. $ 900.00